Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Peachy Christmas

Surely it's not too early to think about Christmas, it is only 5 months away!!! It's funny how I say it's ONLY 5 months away and when people ask how much longer I have in my pregnancy I stay 'I STILL have 9 1/2 weeks'. The baby will be here long before Christmas arrives but the way this pregnancy is going I don't think it will EVER end. I already feel like I've been pregnant for years. I can't even remember what it's like NOT to be sick all day long. I can't wait for the morning I wake up not feeling sick. But I STILL have over 9 weeks to go, maybe baby will come early-I can hope right!!??!

Today's card uses really non traditional Christmas colors but I really wanted to use the Peach Parfait ribbon. My upline brought me back some SU Salt Water Taffy from Convention and the bag was tied with this ribbon. Well I'm not going to just throw it away! So it's been sitting on my desk waiting for me to use it. I also had a package of the Brights buttons on my desk and Logan really wanted to use one on the card, so I let him pick the button. So the card was built around the ribbon and button sitting on my desk. This card is similar to one of the cards we'll be making at my Christmas Card Stamp a Stack next month. I have 2 spots left and they're going quick so if you want to join me on September 11 for some Christmas Card making let me know and I'll send you the details!

I'm actually really pleased with the colors on this card. I haven't used Peach Parfait too much, but I really like Daffodil Delight. It's not as bright of a yellow that Yoyo Yellow was but it's also not as soft as So Saffron. It's a great in between yellow! It's really hard to see in the picture but the ornament and the White embossed cardstock are sprayed with Shimmer Paint spray so it's sparkly!
I love the shimmer paint spray. I haven't used it in a while but you can bet this Christmas season I'll be using it all the time! Just like last year!!! Who doesn't love a little sparkle though!?!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Sparkly and Bright
Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Versa Mark
Accessories: Brights Buttons, Linen Thread, Ornament Punch, Shimmer Paint Spray, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Peach Parfait Ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: