Friday, September 17, 2010

Autumn Butterfly

With my lack of posts over the past few days you'd think I would be doing something exciting. Well not really. I haven't even had Dr appointments (since Monday) to take up my time. So what have I been doing? Well I started my Christmas Cards. Yay! And I'm happy to say that they're almost done too! It will be such a relief to have those done. There hasn't been much else to do since I crammed everything into last week when we thought we might be induced on Monday. The bag is still packed, though I keep taking things out of it. So I have a little list that's on my bag that I write down what I take out so when it's time to grab the bag and go I won't forget anything-like the camera!

I've also spent some time this week stamping things other than my Christmas cards. This one is one of my favorite things that I've made in a loooonnnnngggg time! I'll hang it up somewhere in my room. I should rearrange my displays but that thought is a little overwhelming to me right now, plus it requires me to stand on a step stool or chair and Dan's against that idea right now. Hmmm, wonder why? :) Here's the card.

Isn't is just beautiful!?! The idea came from my Paper Crafts Magazine. I love it! It's so pretty, and in person it's just so stunning! I used the new Autumn Spice DSP from the mini. It's sooooo pretty, if you don't have this DSP STOP reading and call me, YOU MUST order it. It's my favorite DSP in such a long time!!! The paper is textured and the designs are so much better in person than it shows in the catalog!
I used the adhesive pearls for the body of the butterfly, I made 2 and tried it with the rhinestones and it looked ok but the pearls looked soo much better! But really both looked great!

I used my marker to color the My Friend greeting from the Perfect Punches set. The butterflies wings are sponged in More Mustard ink all around, gives it nice depth. This card is so stinkin' pretty I just love it to pieces!
Tomorrow I have another card to show you that uses this paper. And I LOVE IT just as much as I love this butterfly so make sure you check back tomorrow!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Perfect Punches
Cardstock: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Autumn Spice DSP
Ink: More Mustard Classic Pad, Early Espresso Marker
Accessories: Big Shot, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Beautiful Butterflies Die, Adhesive Pearls, Early Espresso Ribbon, Dimensionals, Sponges
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: