Sunday, September 26, 2010

Beary Sweet Treats

I really need to have this baby!!!! Everyday that goes by I think of more people that I want, no wait NEED, to make treats/announcements for. On Friday night I was flipping out because I had 36 candy announcements for friends/family/nurses/doulas/etc., but NOTHING for Logan's school! How on earth could I possibly be so forgetful!?! So on Saturday I went out and got candy, this time the small ones though. I don't think 4 year olds need a king size candy bar and I'm sure their parents would agree :) So fortunately for me the stores are packed with Halloween candy! So Saturday afternoon Logan and I sat down and made 16 of these super cute treats for the kiddos in his class.

Logan choose the stamp set, Beary Best Friends, and I stamped them all and he colored them with the pastels. He was so impressed with the pastels and kept saying how cool they were and how he'd never colored anything with a q-tip before. So if you're looking to impress some 4 year olds let them use your pastels. They're a really safe choice too because you can't really mess them up (and if somehow they do get messed up, they're pretty affordable to replace) and if you designate one q-tip per color like I did colors don't get mixed up and they're pretty easy for little hands to use. The pastels may be my new go to coloring tool when Logan stamps with me :) When the baby is born I'll quickly print up some address labels that say something along the lines of "Logan is proud to announce the birth of his baby sister ________ on ________" I think that's enough info for 4 year olds :) Then I'll stick the labels to the candy bar and send them to school with him.

I still need to make the teachers and staff at his school some treats, they'll be almost identical to these, since I cut too many petal cards :) But I think I'll use a different stamp set. I'll get those done by tomorrow, I only need to make 7 of those. I did use a retired die for this project but I'm sure you'll forgive me. It's the Petal Card die, it wasn't a SU exclusive die so it may be available still from Sizzix. I have no clue though. I'm really a SU purist and only know what we sell and how to get that :)
My next goal is to get 6 more treats made for Logan's cousins. But seriously if I don't have this baby soon who knows how many more treat announcements will get made and for who!? Half of my desk is FULL of chocolate and baby announcements.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Beary Best Friends, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Subtles DSP
Ink: Staz On, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8 inch Circle, and Word Window Punches, Pastels, Dimensionals, Big Shot, Petal Card Die
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: