Friday, September 3, 2010

Fabric Fun!

So who's ready to see some awesome new fabric! I pre-ordered this fabric a month ago and I've been challenged with what to use it on, that and I've been really selective on the project I want to use it on. I want it to be the right project and I don't want to mess up and WASTE my fabric. So I've kind of been hoarding it. Well the other night I had what I thought to be a great idea to use the fabric on. So the next day while out shopping I got a canvas. It was smaller than I wanted, but it was the only one they had, but then thought-well maybe that's better, if I screw up royally I won't have wasted as much fabric. So today bright and early I started working on it. And with a little help from my Mom and Dad's staple gun it's done (and boy was that thing hard to use, it took my Mom and I together to use it)! And I really like it-just wish it were bigger!

Isn't it awesome! I really need a new way to display my cards too! But how cute is this going to look with Christmas Cards in it!?! Right now it's hanging on the door to my stamp room but I may move it into the living area around Christmas to display cards, or just make a bigger one....
The buttons were super easy to get on too and it's all SU products so it all coordinates perfect!
To see the details on the cards you can go here for the bird card and here for the daisy card.
I love it!!! I have more fabric projects in the idea stages, just have to get more fabric :)
I'm not sure if I'll get to posting this weekend, but I'll have some projects on Monday for sure to show you! I really have to find some time to stamp this weekend. I haven't stamped or even sat at my desk in a few days and I think it's missing me :)
Supplies:
Accessories: Candy Cane Christmas Fabric, Candy Cane Christmas Buttons, Real Red Satin Ribbon
Non SU Accessories: Canvas, Batting, needle and thread
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

No comments: