Thursday, September 30, 2010

Peace on Earth Swap

Our monthly demonstrator meeting is tonight and normally I would be preparing a 3 minute demo but this month were doing a different kind of meeting and I'm super excited about it. We're going to a pretend workshop. Amber will be the demonstrator and we'll all be guests. Doesn't that sound like fun!? I'm excited. We have lots of new people and people that haven't done workshops in a while so we thought doing a pretend one might give people ideas and see how it's done so that we'll want to go out and book a ton and do a ton of workshops too! I love our meetings, I just love hanging out with our group of demonstrators, they're some of the nicest and most creative people I know! Plus I'm really excited not to have to worry about a 3 minute demo this month :) But we're still doing a card exchange and since we're going to a 'workshop' the theme this month is workshop cards. So like I do in my workshops I try to keep my cards fairly simple. So here's my swap this month.

This is the level 2 hostess set in the mini catalog right now and I LOVE the greetings in it. I don't know if it's the fonts of what they say I just love them!! So this card looks simple and IS but uses a bunch of products which is nice. First we have the lovely Deck the Halls DSP, the hostess stamp set and punches. So while it's an easy fast card it's a great card to show our products too.
The earth is popped up with dimensionals, it's a little hard to tell from the picture :) I got the idea for this card from a card on splitcoast, I love that site :)
You could always jazz up this card a little more simply by adding some ribbon or other accessory if you wanted.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Peaceful Season
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Deck the Halls DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, 3/4 inch Circle Punch, Dimesionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

A very quick and easy card. Think I'll case it with a few changes for a Christmas card stamp-a-stack I have next month. I love this set. Thanks for your sympathy post on my blog about my brother. We are scattering his ashes next Saturday, along with my dad's (who passed away four years ago).