Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pretty Poinsettias

Well nothing exciting to report. Baby is doing good. I'm STILL pregnant. The tests and monitoring went well yesterday. They had me hooked up to the monitors for a while and baby was moving and the heartbeat was going up and down like it's supposed to. It took so long to find a spot where they could monitor the heartbeat for an extended period of time. Every time they thought they had it baby would start kicking the monitor so bad that it couldn't read the heartbeat like it was supposed to. So it took 3 tries to find the right spot where baby couldn't kick it off. I think the baby was trying to tell the doctor something :) Then I had another ultrasound and this one went really well. Baby scored 8 out of 8 this time instead of 2 out of 8 like it did on Wednesday. So we're back to waiting. I won't see my doctor again until Wednesday. I'm not sure if they'll do another ultrasound or not, I have to call Monday morning and check in with her to see, hopefully not, hopefully it can be just like a regular appointment without all the drama. But you never know with me! :)

I spent a LOOONNNNGGG time on today's card. Longer than I normally spend on a card, but I had this vision and while the card didn't come out exactly as I planned it I still think it's so pretty and elegant.

Now before you start asking-no that's not a stamp, I cut out some of the poinsettias from the Deck the Halls DSP from the Holiday Mini. That's one of the reasons it took so long. All the little petals and leaves took forever to cut out.
I added some pearls to the center of the flower and some rhinestones around the edge of the circle. Who says you can't mix and match them! I love it! I lightly sponged everything in Early Espresso ink and used my color spritzer on the greeting and the vanilla circle.

Isn't that ribbon so cool? I learned this technique from Mary Fish who does amazing work. She has a tutorial on her blog on how to do the fringed ribbon. I love it. I actually layered 3 layers of fringed ribbon on the card. It's much clearer and much cooler looking in person than in the pictures.


The greeting was very simple and probably the quickest thing to do on the entire card. In the end it was worth spending all the time doing.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Christmas Greeting
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Deck the Halls DSP
Ink: Early Espresso pad and marker, Cherry Cobbler marker
Accessories: Sponges, Circles #2 die, Early Espresso Striped ribbon, Dimensionals, Color Spritzer, Adhesive Rhinestones and Pearls
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: