Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fabulous Thanks!

We're now on day 3 of my CASED cards. I'm so thankful to have such a large source of blogs, websites, catalogs and other sources to copy cards from. I want to stamp but I think my creative juices are taking a break during the last part of this pregnancy :) So I'm ok with coping that means that I still get that stamp.

Today's card came from Renee Van Stralen's blog. I look forward to checking out her blog everyday. I just love her work. It's always so pretty! I think I may have stared at this card for a few minutes too just in awe of how pretty it was. So I made my own. I changed the colors slightly though. She used Cajun Craze but I'm going to use Cherry Cobbler. Both have deep, rich colors but I just like Cherry Cobbler more!

Isn't it just so pretty. Now I will warn you, if you don't like sponging and you don't like tearing (I have a few of those customers-and that's ok), but if you're not a sponger or tearer you might not want to try this card. I sponged every single layer of this card and there's lots of tearing. But I love the result of it! I left the ribbon off mine, but I still love it.
I love the colors, I love the pearls, I just love it all!!!

Thanks for coming along with me this week on my week of copied cards :) I think this one is my favorite but I sure love the others too!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Fast and Fabulous, En Francais Background, Short and Sweet
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Ink: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, and Old Olive Marker
Accessories: Sponges, Adhesive Pearls, Dimensionals, Word Window Punch
Thanks for looking see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ok, this is a really beautiful card. I like Cherry Cobbler better, too. I just like the way you interpreted the card. I keep checking to see if you've had the baby. Good luck! I'm praying it goes well.