Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thanks!

It's been over a week now and things are still going well. All the sunbathing and supplementing with formula has helped Megan get over her jaundice without a stay in the hospital under the billi lights!! Yay! Thank goodness, we've had enough hospital visits and doctors appointments for a while :) I'm sure our insurance company thinks so too :) The only downside of it all it that with all the supplementing we had to do with formula, Megan started nursing less and less knowing that she would get a bottle in the end. So even though we nursed for almost an hour every time, she wasn't eating enough to get my breast milk to adequately come in. We went through this with Logan too, and even after pumping, pumping and more pumping it wasn't helping. So Dan and I made the decision to formula feed her like we did with Logan. And based on all this I've come to the conclusion that some women have bodies that are just made to have babies and some don't. My body is not built for pregnancy or breastfeeding. But since I'll NEVER do it again it's ok with me.

Today's card is super quick and easy and I've made a bunch of them. Dan's coworkers gave him a surprise baby shower the week before Megan came. We got tons of diapers, wipes and more! So I whipped up a bunch of these for him to give to his coworkers.

Aren't they super cute? I saw a card similar to this on Splitcoast Stampers and loved the idea, so I changed it up just a little and came up with this card.
The little flowers are from the bitty punch pack and with the little rhinestone in the center just makes the super cute! The greeting is stamped twice, once in Pear Pizazz and then in Soft Suede. I cut out the Thanks from the Soft Suede then popped it up with dimensionals on the Pear Pizazz one. Super cute card-that's so quick and easy to make!
We're working on getting on a feeding/sleeping schedule this week. It might take a few weeks to get it down to a system but once we do I'll be able to post and stamp more since my days will be a little more predictable. I think today we're going to try a visit to the library. Logan has some books that are pretty overdue and should probably be returned :)
Supplies:
Stamp Set: So Many Thanks
Cardstock: Pear Pizazz, Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink: Pear Pizazz, Soft Suede
Accessories: Big Shot, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Scallop Border Punch, Bitty Punch Pack, Rhinestones, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: