Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thinking of you in Peach

I wasn't sure I liked this card at first but the more I looked at it the more I did like it. I think I did go a little nuts with the color spritzer tool but I just love that thing!!!

One color that I was not thrilled with when the color change was made was Cajun Craze. Ugghhh, it just looked too much like Really Rust which I NEVER used! So I wasn't too happy with it and I was sure I'd never use that color. In fact I only have like 2 sheets of it :) But after using it for 2 projects, this one and the one I showed you on Monday I'm learning to live with Cajun Craze and I think with the right colors it does work. So here's my Peachy-Cajun card!


Now how on earth did I pair Peach Parfait with Cajun Craze? None other than the new AWESOME color coach! And together they actually look really good. I did a lot of masking for this card and I had to break out my Stamp a Ma Jig for it too. I'm finding that I'm becoming more and more picky about things lining up. When I first started stamping, one of the things I loved most about our 2 step stamps was that most of them didn't line up perfectly so I didn't have to try too hard to get them to line up. But as I stamp more and more I find myself NEEDING it to line up as close to perfect as possible. This is the Level 2 hostess set, it's so pretty and though I really don't need another flower set this one is perfect for quick cards.
I used the Decorative Label punch for just a little accent on the side. I was going to add some brads to it but they were too much and didn't look right so they were removed. But even with the Cajun Craze I love it and who knows maybe I'll come to LOVE Cajun Craze-probably won't happen too soon though :)
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Fast and Fabulous, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Hostess DSP 6x6 pack
Ink: Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
Accessories: Decorative Label and Scallop Edge Punches, Color Spritzer, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking see you soon!!

No comments: