Friday, December 3, 2010

More Hummingbirds

I'm happy to say that with the exception of a few gifts for Megan and Logan (those we'll get this weekend) we're done with our Christmas shopping. Now all that's left is to wrap them. I actually really like wrapping presents. Not sure why. I also prefer actually wrapping gifts in paper and not sticking them in bags. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I use bags alot too, I just prefer the paper. So I may start wrapping early. Not only because I like to do it but also because I'm really impatient and I can't stand to see all the unwrapped gifts sitting in the closet :) Of course once they're wrapped then we have to wait until Christmas to open them :) When my sisters and I were kids we used to open our presents early and re-wrap them while my parents were at work--I know terrible huh!! We used a small paring knife to carefully cut the tape then peek at our gifts---re-wrap them on the same fold line and my parents never knew. I think we confessed to that a few years ago, if not I just did it now :) Anyway you came here for a project so let's get to it!

So while I had the hummingbird stamp out from making these bookmarks, I decided to make a card. When I finished it I liked it, then it was sitting on my desk and every time I came into my stamp room I saw it and my 'like' turned to 'love'. It's just so pretty and I wish the pictures did justice to it. I'm not sure if it's the yellows that I love or the subtle vintage look. I'm not sure, but I sure do LOVE IT!

It was really easy to make and it's pretty straight forward, I won't go into details of how it was made. The only accessories on this card are the pearls and the dimensionals on the bird. So it's easy to duplicate. I actually may make a bunch more of these (time permitting) :)
I brought out my color spritzer tool and that may actually be what I love most about it. It really 'finishes' the card. If you don't have a color spritzer yet, you MUST get one. I promise you will not be disappointed.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Elements of Style, Friends 24/7
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla
Ink: So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake Marker
Accessories: Color Spritzer, Sponges, Pearls, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!

No comments: