Saturday, January 29, 2011

Butterfly Headband

It's the weekend!  Yay!!  And I have a special Saturday post for you!!  I made this yesterday and it was just so cute that I couldn't wait to share it.  One of my many goals this year is to do more with SU's fabric.  I just love our fabric but whenever I want to make something with it I usually have my Mom, the seamstress, make it.  So this year I'm going to try to do more of it by myself :)  I want to do a fabric class soon too, so keep an eye out for that announcement.  I just have to get the details figured out :)

But for today's project I used the new Springtime Vintage Fabric from the Occasions Mini catalog.  Oh my goodness I think this is my all time favorite fabric-it's so pretty!!!  Megan will be my helpful model for this project too.  A while back I got a set of headbands that have the organza bows on them.  So I removed one of the bows and was going to replace it with a flower but the flowers just weren't working for me. So I thought, hmmm how about a butterfly-SO CUTE!!  So Megan now has the most adorable--one of a kind----butterfly headband!


I used 6 butterflies total to make the butterfly.  I just layered them on top of each other-couldn't be easier!  Then I used a Vintage Brad-love these by the way, and stuck it through all 6 butterflies to hold them together.  To add a little extra eye catching detail to it, I attached some pearls to the brad.  I used the smallest ones on the outside, then the largest one in the center.  I can't say enough wonderful things about the adhesive pearls and rhinestones.  They have got to be (next to dimensionals) my favorite accessory.  
Isn't is so adorable.   I haven't been this excited about a project in well a couple days,  But this one is just so cute!!!  Ok I've said that about million times now LOL!
One more shot of it.  Isn't that fabric just some of the most beautiful you've ever seen.  I'm a little embarrassed to say that I've had it since December but I love it so much I didn't want to use it until the 'perfect' project came along :)  How silly is that, if I use it, I'll just get more :)
 Here's a few more shots from the photo shot :)
This one is my favorite.  Thanks for looking, see you soon!!! 

5 comments:

Mary Campbell said...

Beautiful! The baby and the butterfly headband. Thanks for sharing. Mary

Kristine said...

How cute!!

Linda said...

Cute Project!

Bobbi Miller said...

How adorable is THAT??? If you don't mind, I am going to share this with my upline Joanna. She recently started working with fabric and has a 3 year old girl. This would look great on her! Thanks for sharing! I may get into fabric too now. :-)

Theresa Q said...

Too cute!! Your daughter is beautiful!