Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Carrot A Day...

...keeps the doctor away?  No that's not right :)  We'll get to the project in a second.  I'm so blown away by how successful Sale-a-Bration already is!  We're 1 day into and THANKS to those who have ordered already!  Did you know that you can get a free stamp set (or other product) with every $50 you spend before tax and shipping?  This year SAB has something for EVERYONE!  From stamps to digital downloads to ribbon to decor elements!  There truly IS something for everyone! 
Today's project came from talking to one of my blogger friends-Hi Mary! She was asking how the petal cone die worked.  You have to cut 2 separate pieces then adhere them together to get the 4 sided cone.  So I was explaining it and she mentioned how you probably couldn't make it with just one piece cut out.  Which got me thinking.  Maybe you can!  It wouldn't be a 4 sided cone but it might be a cute pouch!  Which is where this came from. 
 How cute is this little Easter carrot. I think it's adorable.  It's not very big that's for sure.  I really had to squish to make the 2 Ghiradelli chocolate square to fit.  But a gift card would work perfectly, a smaller candy bar, a handful of M&M's.  There's still tons you could put in there. 
When I was making it, I wanted it to look like a carrot, so before assembling I kind of crumpled it-just a little, not much at all.  Just to give it an uneven carroty (is that a word?) surface.  Then when it was all together I spritz it with my color spritzer tool.  I swear that tool is like a third hand for me :) 

So there you have it a cute pouch made from the petal cone die! Cute!  I think I might try some Valentines Day ones!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Ink: Pumpkin Pie Marker
Accessories:  Color Spritzer, Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Big Shot, Petal Cone Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Crop a Dial, Sticky Strip

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

Now THAT's a cute idea! I wish I had thought of it first! :-) Very cute!