Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthday Daisies

Note: For some reason, I'm not being allowed to preschedule my post and this one went straight up instead of going up tomorrow, so I probably won't have a post tomorrow but I have 2 today!!!
Well my day didn't exactly go as I mentioned in my post earlier.  True Logan did get sick and after he got sick the first time, I thought it was over and that's when I typed up my post.  But boy was I mistaken.  He did develop a fever and continued to throw up for most of the day.  Finally stopping in the early afternoon but still has an upset tummy the rest of the day and didn't want anything to eat.  He woke up Wednesday appearing to be fine.  He no longer has a fever and was asking for food.  Hopefully he's done with it.  On another note, it's so cold here.  When I woke up on Wednesday it was 1 degree, though with the wind chill it felt like -20 or something horrible like that.  Our backdoor was frozen shut, we had to let Chase out the front yard to do his doggy 'business'.  Tomorrow we're supposed to be waking up to like -5 degree temps!!  I hate the cold-come on SPRING!!  Well since it's so cold how about a nice card to warm us up!

I really like this card.  I did the faux embossing technique on this card.  And I just love the look it gives.  To do the faux embossing, stamp your image in white craft ink, then stamp over it just slightly off with a darker color and you'll get the shadowed look.    

Here's a better look you can see the shadows better from this view.  Plus aren't those colors great together.  These colors would work great for a masculine card.  I should remember that, haven't make a masculine card in a while.  Maybe I should challenge myself on this frigid day!
My favorite part of the card is the ribbon with the linen thread and rhinestone.  It's so pretty.  I just wrapped the ribbon around the DSP and tied it with the linen thread then attached a rhinestone to the center of the thread.  I LOVE this look so much, I wouldn't be too surprised if if showed up on many more cards later.

Supplies: 
Stamp Set: Upsy Daisy
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Elegant Soiree DSP
Ink: White Craft ink, Soft Suede
Accessories: Vanilla Ribbon, Linen Thread, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: