Thursday, February 24, 2011

Easter Wishes

It seems like it was just last week when I was talking about going to our January Demonstrator meeting, but here we are again in February and tonight is our monthly meeting.  I feel like I've been on overdrive this week and sad to say that there's lots around the house that has been neglected.  My stamp room desk is in desperate need of a good thorough cleaning.  YIKES it's a mess.  I don't even have stamp sets put away and I've run out of room on my desk so now they're piling up on the floor and filing cabinet. 

Normally I keep a couple stamp sets on my filing cabinet, the one's I'm currently working with, but this is getting out of hand.......
Though I wouldn't be so bothered by the stamp sets on the filing cabinet if this stack wasn't on the floor IN FRONT of the cabinet where they're stored--seriously I couldn't get them IN the cabinet?  So my room is defiantly in need of a huge clean.  I won't even mention the closet I certainly won't photograph it :)!  I usually do a big clean around this time of year-find stuff I forgot I had, etc.  So maybe it's that time of year again :)
Somehow in my stamp room chaos I did happen to make a card.  And a lovely Easter card too!  I was inspired by this card from splitcoast stampers.  I changed it a little but I just loved that card when I saw it and wanted to make something similar.    
For my flower I used the 'rock and roll' technique.  To do this, ink your image in a lighter color, then 'roll' the edges of the stamp in a darker color, stamp on your paper and you get a two toned look when you stamp it.  I cut the flower out and popped it up with dimensionals.  I just love it, it's simple and pretty and just scream Easter and springtime.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  Awash With Flowers and Something to Celebrate
Cardstock:  Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Whisper White
Ink:  Pretty In Pink, Rose Red, Old Olive, Basic Gray
Accessories:  1 3/4 inch Circle Punch, Sponges, Big Shot, Tulip Border Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking see you soon!!!!

No comments: