Monday, February 14, 2011

Key to my Heart

Happy Valentine's Day!  Are you spending it with someone you love?  Dan has to work but Logan and Megan will be spending the day with me.  Maybe we'll surprise Dan with a lunch at work or bring him a special treat.  He's been working so much lately (well really since July).  So he deserves a break.  We did go on a 'date' on Saturday.  Wicked (the Broadway show) was touring and has been in Albuquerque for the past few weeks.  Dan and I got tickets way back in October, I think. We went to the show Saturday, then went to dinner after.  It's a great show!  We had a good time and it was the first time I had left Megan alone.  She did well so that's encouraging since I have some workshops coming up that I won't be bringing her too.   
This is the Valentine's Day card that I made for Dan.  This was my first time using the letterpress dies for the big shot.  I'm still not quite sure how much I like them.  I do like the look but the image isn't embossed as much as I thought it would be.  I used white craft ink on mine with black cardstock.   
Here's the whole card.  It's a super cute card.  I especially love the little key on there!  I normally don't do ribbon on 'man' cards but I thought, well it's Valentines Day so a little ribbon is ok, plus I don't think it 'girls' it up too much :)
Here's another look at the letterpress impressions.  I think I just need to experiment with them a little more. 

Supplies:
Stamp Set:  You're a Gem, So Happy For You
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Blushing Bride
Ink:  Basic Black and Blushing Bride Classic Ink, Whisper White Craft Ink
Accessories:  Big Shot, Heart Pressed Letterpress Die, Trinket Keys,  Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: