Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Love Vellum

This is my 4th attempt at publishing this post.  Not sure what's going on with my computer/blogger, but whatever it is I'm going crazy!  Isn't it funny how we just can't function without computers anymore.  They're everywhere!  But I'll post my anti-tech feelings another day!

I have the cutest card, and I completely forgot to add an element to it!  I'll explain later....I was inspired to do this card after I made a card similar to it here.  I just loved the colors together on that card.  Then I thought....hmmm what if I stamped the flower detail on vellum over the flowers??  And it came out beautiful, don't you think?
Now I'll tell you what I forgot to add, this was actually my 2nd card.  The first one I had the same plan...stamp on the vellum over the flowers, got it.  But I stamped the detail right on the flowers, uggghhhh.  So I flipped the cardstock over and started again.  But what I did on the other one that I didn't do on this one was sponge some Pear Pizazz color between all the flowers, that way it would give it some depth and make the flowers look like they were actually growing and not floating.  I didn't realize it until the card was completely assembled.  I didn't want to take it apart completely so I'll just *have* to make a 3rd card :)
Here's another look at the card and how I did it.  Also when I glued down my vellum, I only glued it on the left side-hints the ribbon, it covers the adhesive :)  Wouldn't it look better with some Pear Pizazz in there?    I want to make a bunch of these and give them to the director of Logan's school, she's retiring in a couple weeks and I thought a bunch of hand made cards might just come in handy :)


Supplies: 
Stamp Sets:  Greenhouse Garden, Upsy Daisy
Cardstock:  Marina Mist, Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock
Ink:  Marina Mist, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Curly Label and Itty Bitty Punches, Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

What a great idea.! I love vellum too, but unfortunately, I don't get many ideas for it. This is a good one... Thanks for sharing!