Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet Easter Treats!

Welcome to a new week!!!  We had a nice quiet, restful weekend.  Even managed to squeeze in some time at the park on Sunday! 
I have what just might be some of the cutest Easter treats EVER!  They're so stinkin' cute I can't get over it.  Over the weekend I saw this post from the amazing Heather Summers.  I thought it was so cute that I had to make some and I decided 'tis the season for Easter Treats!'  If you're a fan of mine on Facebook, you probably saw these little guys when I posted them there yesterday.  And if you're not a fan of mine on facebook head over and 'like' :)
Aren't they just adorable???!!!!!  They're way cute.  I was working on the bunny and attaching him together and before I put the ears and feet on him I thought 'hmmm this would probably work for a little Easter chick too'.  So the chick was made right after I finished the bunny!  The chick was easier, there wasn't any sponging on him and there were less pieces.  But I think the bunny is just a little cuter! 

For the bunny I used the 2 largest circles from the Circles #2 die.  The largest one for his body and the 2nd largest for his head.  The ears are the small and large oval punch.  His nose is the small heart punch.  His hands and feet are the large oval, and the pads on his feet are the small heart and 1/4 inch circle punch.  So cute!!!  Logan was in charge of filling the cups up with the candy and we had some Valentine M&M's left so we used those, and since I asked that they all be filled with the same color it went a little like this "One light pink for the bunny, 4 reds for Logan, one light pink for the bunny 4 whites for Logan..."  Which wouldn't have been so bad if we weren't making these at 8am!  So Logan got a little after breakfast treat :)

The chick is made with the same 2 circles from the circles #2 die.  His feet and 'fluff' on his head are from the Boho Blossom Punch.  His wings are from the Large Oval.  His beak is made with the small oval punch, cut into a point. 
On Heather's little frog, she mentioned that she used the 'trap door' technique to get the candy out.  I'm sure hers is much nicer and MUCH easier than how I did it, (I really wouldn't recommend my way).  I'm hoping Heather will do a video on how to do the trap door so that I can do it right. :)  But like Heather's frog, she mentioned that if you pull the head the candy will come out, so I attached a 'trap door' to my heads too.  I also added a tail to the bunny with the Boho Blossom punch. 

Thanks sooo much to Heather Summers for her never ending inspiration!!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

2 comments:

-Susan- said...

Ruth these are darling EAster candy holders.So glad you shared on the SU website!

Jayne Stenstrom said...

These are SO cute! Thanks for showing the picture of the back too. I wasn't quite sure how to make it so you could pull it out and get at the candy!