Friday, May 27, 2011

My Faux Bow!

I'm going to warn your right away today, this card is so pretty that you WILL NEED to purchase the Flower Fest stamp set to make your own card!  :)  Don't say I didn't warn you.  Isn't this card so pretty!!!  I love it!!  We had our monthly demonstrator meeting last night, and for my 3 minute demo I showed how to do this 'faux bow' (more on that later), but as I was getting ready I loved this card soooo much that I almost changed my demo at the last minute so that I wouldn't have to give this card away :)  How silly-I'll just make more :)  Who would've thought that Concord Crush and Daffodil Delight go together so perfectly-the color coach that's who!  I'll for sure use this color combo again!

So first of all the flowers are from the Flower Fest stamp set in the mini and the DSP is from the Beyond the Garden DSP also from the mini catalog.  I embossed the flowers in white embossing powder and cut the centers out and popped them up to add more dimension to the card.  They're so pretty aren't they!?!  I sure love them!!!


Now for the bow, what I demoed last night.  I saw it here on Dawn Olchefsky's blog.  She has a fantastic video so I won't try to describe how I did it, I'm sure it wouldn't make sense unless you can actually see it.  This bow is so perfect for people like me, the bow challenged.  I always tie knots because my bows always look so weird, but not anymore, thanks to this technique!!  I did find out that the wider the ribbon the easier it is.  For this bow I used the 5/8 grosgrain, I didn't try it with the 1/4 inch but I'll have to do that now.  I also did it with the satin ribbon and the 1 1/4 inch striped ribbon.  PS-the satin ribbon bows are so pretty! 
Go try it for yourself.  I'll have highlights from the meeting up on Monday, if not sooner,  depends on how the weekend goes.  We have lots planned and also a date with Captain Jack Sparrow :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!

No comments: