Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Beary Happy Birthday

I mentioned yesterday that I had the cutest birthday card possibly that I've ever made!  I took lots of pictures of this one so go grab so coffee or tea I'll wait...............got it ok good :)

The inspiration for this card came from Jackie Topa and this Father's Day card she made.  I saw it and thought, that was just the cutest thing ever so made my version of it and turned it into a birthday card.  I made this a trifold card.  I thought for this specific card it would just add to the cuteness!  So this is the front of the card.  Now that I look at that bear, he looks like Yogi the Bear :) 

When you open it up here's the rest of the card.  Isn't it just oh my goodness, make you smile so cute!!!  I put the little bear family in a hilly meadow.  Added some 'cupcake' clouds, it's just so cute!! I modified the little boy bear from Jackie's card to make it more of a kid bear and then did another baby bear. 

Dan loved this card and said "If you add a mom bear we could use the for our Christmas card."  Probably not, seeing how this card took about an hour and a half to make I don't think I'll be making them for Christmas, maybe one for him. :)  

For the kid bears.  I did the little boy bear with the crumpled up tie, just like in Jackie's card, but I needed to add something to the little girl bear, so I scrunched up some ribbon for a blanket and tried to tuck it under her arm so it would look like she's holding it.  As cute as this card is in pictures I wish you could all see it in person it's even cuter!!!!  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do!!!

One last picture of the little baby bears.  Now time to start thinking of Father's Day cards.  Hope Dan's not expecting me to 'top' this card ;)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

2 comments:

Cindy Major said...

This is the most adorable thing ever! I bet Shelli will like that one... :)

Cindy

Tammy Q Howell said...

So cute! I love this card.