Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Because I Care...

This has got to be my favorite hostess set.  Now I knew when I got this set a year ago it was going to leave so unlike some other sets that were a little bit of a shock, this one I knew but I still love it!!  I love the flower it's so pretty and you really don't need to do much to this card.  Just the image stamped alone is beautiful!  But I rarely don't add anything to a card, every card needs a little something.  I did keep this card pretty simple.  The background is embossed with my FAVORITE embossing folder, Perfect Polka Dots.   

I used my Poppy Parade and Wild Wasabi Marker to color the stamp.  It looks amazing, stamped on white it just makes the flower pop!  I LOVE it.  I used my hobby blade and cut 2 slits in the cardstock to thread my ribbon through.  Though it looks like I tied the perfect bow with the ends of the ribbon, I did knot (get it---haaahaa) ok sorry, I couldn't help myself :)  I used the faux bow technique for the box.  If you haven't tried it yet you have no idea what you're missing.  I love these bows!!!  I used a Poppy Parade glimmer brad in the center of the bow.  I love it.  I haven't used these brads much, I think I'm going to start using them more, they're beautiful!! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: