Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Father's Day Bird

This has got to be my most favorite of the stamp sets that are retiring and I think this one will be the hardest to say goodbye too.  I love this set, Friends 24/7.  I love the bird, the brocade the greetings, I'm going to miss it all!!!  This card has soooo many layers and so much texture on it that its a really cool card to look at in person.  For the base of the card I embossed a piece of Natural White in what else the Perfect Polka Dots folder, then crumpled it up a lot, some of the edges tore-even better then I sponged the edges and over some of the dots.  The next layer is Baja Breeze embossed with the Square Lattice folder and then torn to size.  I saw a similar card to this on Kimberly Van Diepen's blog and LOVED it so I had to make a card doing that too. 

Finally we get to the bird.  I colored the image in markers:  Early Espresso, Garden Green, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango and Baja Breeze.  Before I stamped it I spritzed my cardstock (Natural White) with Shimmer Mist spray-you know a little rubbing alcohol l and a few drops of shimmer paint=shimmer mist spray!  This made the cardstock wet enough to blend the colors just slightly and since it's rubbing alcohol and not water it dries fast, no wait time on this card.  After it was dry I crumpled this piece too and sponged the edges.  The greeting is stamped and then torn, sponged and attached.  I wish you could all see this card in person, the texture is just so awesome!! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: