Friday, June 17, 2011

Mini Cards for Someone Special....

To conclude the week of stamp sets I'll miss dearly, I thought I'd end it with not one, not two but eight cards!!!  Ok so they're only 3x3 cards, they're still cards!!!  I used the stamp set Pun Fun-such a cute set!!!  I made all 8 cards and a simple (and I mean SIMPLE!!!) box to put them in.  Someone special may receive this as a gift. Wouldn't that be just adorable!!!  3x3 cards are the perfect size to stick in lunch boxes, on coworkers desks, pretty much anywhere and they always get a HUGE smile. People just love the little cards!

The cards are all super simple and all basically have the same layout.  I got every single color combo from the color coach. They all have buttons, they're all stamped on Whisper White cardstock and watercolored with Blender Pens and Ink pads and they all have a polka dot background.  I'll list the colors used on each card: Skunk-Basic Black, Baja Breeze and Cherry Cobbler.  Bird-Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry and Pumpkin Pie.  Sheep-Whisper White, Marina Mist and Night of Navy. 

Cat-Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight.  Rocket-Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Night of Navy.  Cup-Crumb Cake, Garden Green, and Cajun Craze. 

Finally, Hippo-Real Red, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake. Whale-Basic Gray, Old Olive and Melon Mambo.

The box couldn't be simpler.  I'm hoping to have a tutorial (yes you heard right) next week on how to make the box :)  It's decorated so simply.  The belly band around it is a new punch-sneak peak alert!!!  Isn't it a beautiful punch!!  I know I LOVE it!!!  I tied some striped grosgrain ribbon around it to finish it off and it's done!!  Super easy!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

WOW Ruth! These are SO cute and I can't wait to see how to make that box! I don't have this set; I may have to look for it now. TFS!