Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Caution: Tearing Ahead...

I love the look of tearing, but I know there are stampers out there who don't like to tear for whatever reason.  I think it adds tons of dimension and makes the card look aged and I love it.  This card has tearing out the wazoo!  So much going on here :)  We'll just start from the top layer and work our way down.  For the bird I watercolored him with Baja Breeze and Island Indigo.  I tore the edges on the side and roughed them up a little.  The DSP (yep that's DSP that looks like notebook paper-so cool!!!) is torn too.  I also crumpled it up to give it some more texture. 

Finally the last layer is torn a little on the side.  When you tear, there's no rule that says that you have to tear the piece off.  I love the look of tearing it in the center or side of a page and gently roll the edges over.  It add so much to the look of the card.  Finally to finish the card.  I broke out my color spritzer tool.  This card sat on my desk for about 3 days.  When I first made it, I looked at it and thought 'Hmmm not really a fan of this card' then as the days went on and I kept looking at it, it grew on me and now I really like it.  There's something about the neutral colors and the blues and the tearing and textured paper that just kind of goes together :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!