Thursday, July 28, 2011

Simple Cherries

Button Buddies is one of the cutest, sweetest new sets in the catalog.  I loved it from the moment I saw it and every card I make I just love too!!  This card keeps in with the simple but beautiful theme this week.  There are some accessories, more than I've had on the past few cards, but they're kept simple and so it works.  First let's start with my favorite part of the card.  The ruffles.  Can you see them in the picture?  I just tore some Elegant Eggplant cardstock and then layered it over and over about a third of the way up the card.  I used a piece of Rose Red ribbon to hid the seam of the cardstock so it all just looks like one continuous piece of cardstock.  Doesn't it look cool.  It couldn't be easier and it looks amazing!!! 
The cherry is very simple, since I was going to use the buttons for the cherries the only thing you need to ink is the stem and the leaf, I used my marker for that.  Then I used my En Francais background in Baja Breeze for some dimesnsion-plus I love this background.  I stamped my greeting in Black.  Don't you just love this color combo, Rose Red, Elegant Eggplant and Baja Breeze?  I love it.  It was one of the suggestions in the color coach-a must have tool for ANY stamper!  To finish it I used a small thin piece of Rose Red CS and 'threaded' it through the buttons. Easy and pretty!!! 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Kay Jantz said...

very nice and simple, so pretty, really like the ruffled look!