Monday, August 29, 2011

Baby Leaves

So I promised meeting highlights today, and they're coming!  But I just got back from a workshop and my swaps are packed in with my supplies.  In order to give the proper credit to each card I thought I'd wait until I could unpack my swaps to show the meeting highlights.  It's possible that I could do them by memory but I didn't want to take that chance.  So look for them coming tomorrow.  But speaking of my workshop.  This is one of the cards I made at the workshop.  This workshop was hosted by the fantastic Erin, she's a pretty experienced stamper so I'm always looking for new ways to WOW her.  I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for the baby wipe technique.  If you've never done the baby wipe technique it's super easy.  You take a small stack of baby wipes, put some reinker, just a few drops on the baby wipes and you have a custom ink pad.  Stamp as you normally would and you get a fantastic result!

Doesn't this card just look so cool with that technique!!??  I love it!!!  There's lots more going on with this card too.  The Garden Green CS is embossed with the big shot with the square lattice folder, a must have!!!  The sides are torn for some extra dimension.  Then there's the new quilted ribbon on top of that, goes perfectly with the embossing folder.  This technique would make beautiful Thanksgiving decorations or more of these cards!
I'll have the swaps posted tomorrow, I'll be spending the morning unpacking and cleaning.  It seems I do that alot in my stamp room, maybe I should learn to be more organized.  I have LOTS of exciting things to show you this week so check back all week long!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: