Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Berry Blossoms......

Berry Blossoms DSP I think I love you!  Ok enough of my personal moment with the Berry Blossoms DSP, but seriously it's a fantastic package of paper and if you haven't stocked up this month with the buy 3 get 1 free promotion you still have a couple days left.  I've been wanting to use this die for a while and I finally got the opportunity to use it.  I find I'm having a lot more stamp time in the morning, during Megan's nap while Logan is at school.  Really though, I should be getting other things done, but uninterrupted stamping time is rare now a days :)  This little pocket die is so cute!!  It's the prefect size for slipping a note into a lunch box, or pocket, or briefcase.  It's so so so cute!!  I'll get to the button in a minute-awesome isn't it!!!!???  Make sure you check out that ribbon.  Quilted Satin Ribbon-seriously!  It's in the new mini and you're going to LOVE IT!  
For the button, I was inspired by none other than the totally amazing Heather Summers!  A couple days ago on her blog she had a video of how she made paper buttons.  Well if you follow my blog you know me, I'm a button lover but not user and end up collecting more than I use.  So in my efforts to NOT hoard the buttons this year I'm going to make some too.  This idea was BRILLIANT!  After I watched the video, I ran to my craft table, cleared a tiny corner to work in (see I really should have spent that time cleaning instead of crafting)  :)  And I made a button.  After I made the button I had to make the pocket to put it on, it just snowballed from there.  I won't go into too many details on how the button is made, I really encourage you to check out Heather's blog, she has a great video on it.  And they're so easy!  

So after the button, after the pocket die, I had to make something to go in the pocket die right?  DUH!  So I made this little note card.  It's super simple and really self explanatory so I won't go into the details of that.  I got alot of work done yesterday, I think I even figured out what our Christmas card is going to look like this year.  I like to start them in Septmenber or October so that I can work on the leisurly through the holiday season, though that doesn't always work and there's always a late night stamp session closer to Christmas :)  But my thoughts are good!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: