Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Thoughts

I LOVE this set!!!  Field Flowers was on my wishlist when the new catalog came out.  When I found out that I had won the So Shelli Challenge in June on Shelli Gardner's blog with this MDS page, I knew which set I wanted (well it was down to 2) :)  In the end this is the set I chose and I'm so glad that I did!!!  This is the first card I made with this set.  Just playing around with it.  But I LOVE this card.  The DSP is so pretty too.  Don't forget to stock up on your DSP this month with the Buy 3 get on FREE deal!!  I know I'm stocking up :)  But back to the card.  It's actually a pretty simple card.  Not to many complicated things going on here. 

I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the images, though on my little bud, I didn't do a great job, but it just adds to the dimension on the card.  IF I were a perfectionist I would probably have fixed that, but I'm not and I'm ok with it.  I love the little scalloped border under the ribbon.  So pretty, and it really helps 'blend' the card together.  You know how it is when you have a 'seam' that you want to cover up or 'hide'  This worked perfectly!  And can I just say how much I LOVE the ruffled ribbon.  Stampin' Up! if you're listening, I'd like that in every color, thanks!!   Colors used on this card are Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant.  I can't even tell you the last time I used my Elegant Eggplant :)  Well with Halloween coming up, I'm sure I'll use it more.  Dark Purples are always good for Halloween :) 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: