Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Last Cards

I have the last 3 cards from my class on Saturday to show you.  But first let me share with you what happened with my Mini Catalog order.  If you read yesterday you know I was supposed to get my order on Friday. UPS failed to deliver it Friday though.  Monday morning I checked the where-abouts on the computer and it said 'out for delivery'.  Around 1pm UPS drives up, goes to the back of his truck, searches then comes out and drives away?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!  So I call UPS, again!  Ask the where my order is, they are not helpful.  We'll about 2:30pm the UPS driver calls me, says "I was going to deliver your package, but couldn't find it my truck.  I looked on my lunch break and did find it, can you meet me to pick it up?" WHAT!!!! NO!!!!   I couldn't believe he had even asked me that!  I (as politely as I could) said "I'm not going to meet you anywhere, it's not my responsibility to pick it up, you were supposed to deliver that box on Friday, I would like it delivered today please"  Even if I had wanted to go pick it up, I have 2 kids under 5 with me, one of which was sleeping.  I'm not going to pack them up into the car to go meet some guy I'd never met.  (UPS changed drivers on me.  I used to have the nicest guy, now I'm stuck with guys barely out of high school delivering my orders).  Anyway, my order was finally delivered to me, in it's entirety-thank goodness.  So I'll have new stuff to show you tomorrow!  I can't wait! 

This is the other Christmas card that my guests got to make.  The only thing they had to do was stamp the greeting, and stamp and punch out the ornament.  I really love doing hybrid cards with buttons.  The post office gets a little picky with too many buttons on a card, but this is a great way to get the look of buttons while still keeping the post office happy.  It's a win-win!

I love this card and it was so stinkin' easy to finish.  All they did was tie the ribbon on!  Isn't that fantastic!  I love the stacked birds and I LOVE how the get lighter on the way down or darker on the way up :)

Finally for the last card.  Another one of my favorites!  The ribbon and rhinestones were added at the class. PS I think the So Saffron Taffeta might be my new favorite ribbon, isn't it beautiful!?!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Bobbi Miller said...

Ruth, the cards are adorable..but I think an email to Stampin Up is in order for that stupid UPS driver. I don't think SU would be too pleased to hear about how their demonstrator was treated... he needs a different job! LAZY ! :-)