Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Celebrating Halloween and Thanksgiving

Here are the final 2 cards from my class on Saturday.  I love this little Halloween card.  This set, Out On A Limb, is sooo cute, and big thanks to my friend Carmelita for letting me borrow it!  There are so many cute pieces in this set and I wanted to show as many as I could for this card.  So we used the spiders, cloud, witch, and the branch.  So cute!!  The only thing missing in this set is a Halloween greeting.  I used my greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes. 

For the main image itself.  We stamped the branch then the witch and used markers to color her hair, tights, etc.  Stamped the spider and used the new Dazzling Details on him.  I love the new Dazzling Details in the summer mini.  It's such a cool easy way to add glitter and sparkle to your project!  We sponged the whole thing in Pear Pizzazz ink.  The Elegant Eggplant piece was embossed with the spider web embossing folder.  So cute and goes so well with all the little spiders. 

Since I can't make anything Halloween themed without adding a treat to it.  I had a little treat on the inside of this card.  Who doesn't love a card with candy in it?!

The last card that my guests got to make was a Thanksgiving card.  I have to apologize for not having a link to the inspiration for this card.  I know I saw a card similar to this somewhere but unfortunately for the life of me I can't find it.  But know this wasn't my original idea, though I'd certainly like to take credit for it :)  The leaves were rocked and rolled in Certainly Celery and Old Olive.  Then the outline of the leaf was stamped on top with Chocolate Chip.  They were cut out and attached to the card. 

The scalloped border behind the DSP layer isn't cardstock, nope, it's our scalloped ribbon!  Isn't that sweet and the cutest little idea EVER!  I LOVE IT!!!  Now I just need more of this ribbon in more colors!!!  That's all there is on this card.  It's simple but pretty and it would be really easy to make coordinating Thanksgiving decor (place cards, table decorations) to match this card. 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: