Monday, September 26, 2011

Hot Cocoa For 2

Good Monday morning to you!  Can you believe we're already on our last week of September?  I'm telling you Christmas is right around the corner!  I have a sweet (literally) gift idea for you today.  With Megan eating solids for a couple months now, I've been saving all these baby food jars, I have tons!  I knew I would do something with them, there were so many possibilities so I couldn't just throw them away, or recycle them.  I had to give them a new purpose in life!  This is one of the things I've been doing with them.  I think this is such a cute idea, too!!!!  I filled the jar about half full, well a little more than half, but not quite three quarters full, with some hot chocolate mix.  Then on top of that is marshmallows.  I plan to make a bunch of these and sell them at some craft shows later this year.  Aren't they cute.  I did measure it out, and there's enough mix in there for 2 mugs of hot cocoa.  So find someone to cuddle with, turn on a movie and mix up some hot cocoa for 2!!!
To cover the lid, I cut out a scallop circle from the spice cake fabric, laid it over the jar and tied it tight with some Early Espresso Quilted Ribbon.  The tag is so super simple!  I stamped the to/from stamp from the Sweet Season Set.  Punched it out with the Designer Label Punch and then sponged the edges with More Mustard and Pool Party.  It doesn't get any easier than that!  Now if you don't have access to baby food jars you can buy jars of similar size at craft stores or even your run of the mill, big box stores.  These little jars would be so cute for teachers, coworkers, neighbors, etc. Plus they're so affordable to make!  I love it, and now I think I'll go whip up some hot cocoa for me!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: