Monday, September 12, 2011

It's Monday? Really?

I'm telling you I loose track every single weekend. All the sudden it's Monday and I wonder, where on earth did the weekend go?  If we could just add a couple hours to Saturday and Sunday that would be perfect.  I think I just need a couple hours then I'd be good.  But I did have a very nice weekend.  My Welcome Holiday's Class was Saturday, my guests got to make 4 projects using products from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  I'm showing 2 today and the other 2 tomorrow.  The 2 that I'm showing today were I think the most popular with my guests there.  I think everyone commented on this little ornament.  It was simple to make but looks so complicated!  I know I love this little ornament!  I want to make a bunch of them!  They're so cute!!!
Updated 9/13-I've been getting lots of questions on this so I thought update here. The paper for the ornament is a strip of DSP cut 1 1/2 x 12, score at every 1/4 inch.
This Christmas card was I think the 2nd most popular card.  And it's so simple!!!  I got the inspiration for this card from Splitcoast stampers and this card.  I saw that card and I thought, that is just beautiful I need to make that card.  So thanks to my friend Kim, I was able to borrow her set and use it for my class.  The card couldn't be easier.  The tree is embossed in white, with a little pearl in the center.  The card is embossed with the Tulip Border embossing folder.  It's so simple and so pretty! 


The cardstock that the tree is stamped on is also sponged around the edges in Elegant Eggplant to give it more dimension.  And of course I have to put on that ruffled ribbon.  PLEASE SU MAKE THAT RIBBON IN EVERY COLOR!!!  Tomorrow I'll show the other 2 projects, which were also very cute and a hit, but I think based on feedback these 2 were the most popular. 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Ruth - can you give me the dimensions of the long strip of paper for the ornament. Thanks! Denise