Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's So Simple.....

....it's scary!  Today's project is one that I literally made in under 5 minutes, it's that fast.  And it's sooo cute!  And it's the perfect size treat for anyone!  First of all, the inspiration for this project came from many places.  First though was Meg Loven's blog.  I saw this post on her blog yesterday and I just LOVED how she highlighted the spider and the most prominent "EEK!" with a circle punch.  Of course when I see things I love I copy them.  This one was so cute and so simple and so easy to mass produce them.  So I ran with her idea and made a little tag.  I used the It's A Wrap Holiday's from the Holiday Mini.  So cute!  Inspiration number two, I've wanted to use these adorable little mini cello bags ever since I got them a month ago, but could never find the right project.  I saw many posts with the cello bags with tags so that's what I did. 
For the tag itself, I embossed white on black and black on white.  I layered everything on Concord Crush Cardstock.  For the ribbon (shhhh it's retired) I used Elegant Eggplant.  I love that the purples match, but are just slightly different.  I LOVE using purple for Halloween projects.  Purples and greens are my most used Halloween colors :)  I filled the bag with candy corn, a favorite of my Dad and son.  So cute.  There's just enough candy corn for a nice treat but not enough that you get sick of them.  I don't know about you but 3 or 4 pieces is usually my limit on candy corn, they're just sooooo sweet.  I'm more of a chocolate kind of girl anyway.  But this is a nice treat for Logan or my Dad :)


Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Very cute, Ruth!! Love the tag layers. Might have to use that for a spider tag for a project that I've been doing with the 1x8 cello bags :-) Thanks for sharing!

Jodi said...

Love this idea! I just received my order yesterday and I had ordered the cello bags. I cannot wait to try this out! =)