Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Logan's Boat

One of the dozens, upon dozens of reasons I LOVE being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is getting a monthly magazine, made just for demonstrators.  It is always packed full of tips, ideas, techniques and more!  This sweet little boat was one of the creations in the October issue.  Theirs is a little different but the idea's the same.  It's so cute!  I could see these all lined up on the Thanksgiving table with every ones name.  And you could fill the boat with special yummy treats instead of crumpled up cardstock.  But do we really need MORE treats on Thanksgiving???? 
I added a tiny little scalloped border along the bottom there, I was hoping it would look a little like water, and I think it does, a little.  The sail on the boat is none other than my all time favorite DSP Spice Cake.  I just used my Soft Suede marker to write Logan's name.  I sponged around it and roughed it up a little.  As for the pole that the sail is on, in the magazine they used a dowel rod.  Well that's all fine and good, but I didn't have any on hand.  So mine is just some cardstock rolled up into a tube.  Super quick and simple.  What about you, will you have a fleet of boats on your thanksgiving table? 

No comments: