Monday, September 5, 2011

The Same But Larger...

Thank you so much everyone for all your kind comments on the ornament from Friday.  I got a ton of compliments on it here and on Stampin' Connection (a website for SU Demos only).  I have a fairly long post today but I hope you read until the end.  But back to today's project, I had sooo much fun making that ornament that I wanted to make a larger one, more of a wreath to use this fall on our front door.  The Spice Cake DSP is so fabulous I kept going with that. Plus these colors match our house so well, hmmm maybe that's why I love this DSP so much!  This wreath was made the same way as the ornament, but just larger, MUCH larger!  It's about 12 inches in diameter.  The perfect size for a door.  I love it.  The layers are so pretty!!

For the cones I used 4x4 squares.  I apologize because I don't know the dimensions on anything else.  The scalloped Lolli, under the button, was done with 2 of the larger scallop circles from the scallop circles #2 die.  I saw how to do that on Heather Summer's blog.  She's awesome, and has sooo many fantastic ideas.  I love checking her blog! 

The wreath is very similar to the ornament, just larger and with a couple more layers.  I used lots of tombow multi adhesive on this and a glue gun to stick down each layer.  I generally don't like glue guns.  You have to work kinda fast and they leave the little glue gun trails, you know what I mean.  But for this project you really have to. So I dusted off my glue gun and finished it up.  I'm currently making a bunch of smaller ones that I'll be hopefully selling at craft shows this fall, I'll make sure and post them when I get more done.

So I asked you to stick around to the end of my post, why on earth would I have you do that?  Well I'm pretty excited.  So many things happened in just the past week I want to share a few of them with you.  Last Tuesday... I think it was Tuesday....I got this beautiful card in the mail from SU, yes it's a hybrid MDS card.  Why did SU send me this card.  Well today is my birthday, the big 3-0, and SU gives demos an extra 15% off any product they choose for their birthday.  So of course I placed that order right away.  But I wanted to celebrate with all of you too!!!  So for this month, I'm going to give away a $30 shopping spree!  WOW!!!  Everyone that places an order of at least $30 or more in the month of September will be entered. It's as simple as that!  Place 2 orders, you're entered 2 times, etc.  You have until September 30 to get those orders to me.  Orders can be place at classes, workshops, my website or you can just email me or call me with your order!  Good Luck!!!  I had a couple more exciting things happen over the weekend, but I'll share those with you later!    

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

2 comments:

Meg Mcalister said...

Hi Ruth - came over here from stampin' connection. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love your ornaments and your wreath. Lovely.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Ruth! Beautiful wreath.