Thursday, September 15, 2011

Swinging Friend

I'm so excited to you show you this card.  One because I got this stamp set, Forever Young, for FREE (more on that another day {smile}).  And two because it's so pretty, and it incorporates 2 of my most favorite things right now, Calypso Coral and sewing on cards.  If you didn't get a chance to see yesterdays card make sure you check it out. It's where my sewing on cards obsession began :)  This stamp set typically isn't my style but after I saw a few cards made with it, this one by Catherine Pooler specifically, I really wanted it.  I LOVE the card that Catherine made, so of course for the first card made with this set I had to copy her idea.  So CUTE! 

For the sewing, I stitched around all the sides of the cardstock with the tree on it.  I also stitched the ribbon onto the card.  So pretty!!  I can't wait to do more like that.  I have one card specifically in my head right now that as soon as I get a spare minute I'm gonna do it!!!  The rest of the card is pretty simple, the tree image was stamped twice, once on white then again on Calypso Coral.  I used my Full Heart punch to punch out the Calypso Coral image and then distressed the cardstock.  The greeting is from the stamp set Family Reunion.  I just love this card :)  It makes me happy!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: