Monday, September 19, 2011

A Very Merry Pink Christmas!

And pink it is!  I think I used every shade of pink that Stampin' Up! offers :)  Isn't this card the sweetest!?!  I'm loving this card!  Do you recognize that stamp set?  No, well it's in the Holiday Mini, it's the It's a Wrap Holidays set.  I just used my markers to color the center of the Very Merry one.  But let's back up a little and start with the beginning of this card.  As I was looking at my tower of stamp sets (the ones that aren't put away), some unused, never had the chance to kiss the ink, I thought today I'm going to use one of my new sets!  So out this one came.  Now I had a completely different vision here, but as I started to work on that vision, it didn't look good, it happens sometimes, so then I started this card.  I grabbed every pink marker I had, lined them up and started coloring.  The great thing with using your markers to color your stamps is that you can omit whatever you don't want stamped, which came in handy for this card. 
When I got to the bottom, I noticed I was going to have lots of room left over at the bottom of my cardstock.  What on earth do I do?  :) Well it didn't take long for me to break out my favorite (at least for today) border punch, The Scalloped Ribbon Border, I think that's the name of it.  But I do LOVE this punch :)  I used the same colors of cardstock that I used in ink and layered them in the same order.  After that, I realized I had to add that whole border to my card base, making sure to line everything up just perfectly. 

Now of course you could do this with any color.  Lots of blues would be really pretty for Christmas, or a stack of greens.  So pretty!  But for me, I love the pinks!  The colors used, in order, are: Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo and Rose Red.  Accessories are pretty minimal on this card.  I didn't think it needed to much, an embossing folders, (of course the dots, you know they're my favorite!), and some Rose Red ribbon is all I added.  One last tip I'll add, make sure you use your Stamp a ma Jig, for perfect spacing and to line up your greetings perfectly :) 

Thanks for looking see you soon!!!

No comments: