Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sweet Cake

I'm super excited today.  Today is December 1, not only is it 24 days until Christmas BUT it's the beginning of the demo preorder from the Occasions mini.  One of the many perks of being a SU demonstrator is getting to order products before others do.  Yay!!!  This year is even better, because we get to earn free Sale a Bration products too!!!  Oh golly that's awesome!!!  This is one of the sets that will be in the mini catalog, I earned it free from recruiting right after the Albuquerque Regionals last month.  It's so cute!  I made this adorable little gift card holder.  I stamped the image 4 times, once in each color then cut out and layered with dimensionals.  I used Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip and Real Red. 

After it was all layered I put on some sparkle with the Dazzling Details. So cute.  I love the layers and dimension to it.  The gift card holder is really simple.  I actually copied a little envelope that one of my receipts were put in after my trip to the mall a couple days ago.  It was a cute little envelope and I thought, well that's about the size of a gift card and sure enough, with a little modification it was perfect!

This is the back of the gift card holder, where you'd actually get the gift card out.  This holder is fantastic because there's no adhesive, nothing, nada!  All you need is a slit to slip the top in and it holds it shut.  Isn't that just the cutest!?!  Next time I'll have to jazz up my back a little more, it really does look very plain doesn't it?

Here's how it opens.  You close the two side tabs first, then the bottom, then slip the top into the bottom piece.  The dimensions for this one is, 5 1/2 x 5 3/4.  On the 5 1/2 side score at 3/4 on both sides.  On the 5 3/4 side score at 2 and 4 3/8.  There's no real measurement for the slit, I just eyeballed it on my paper cutter.  Cute huh.  I'm pleased with it.  Now on to place my order for more new stuff!   
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: