Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Wild Time!

I've spent most of the week creating little Valentine's for Logan's class mates and teachers.  I'll show you the teacher Valentine's tomorrow, today I'm going to show you the kid ones.  I wanted to do something this year that was fun, kids would enjoy, simple, Logan could help with and most important didn't have candy for the kids.  I'm not a huge non candy Mom but when it comes to things like this I usually try to stay away from candy.  I know in our house it generally just sits there until I throw it away.  So I try not to give candy to kids for Valentine's. 

So in a magazine last month I saw this idea with little toy animals.  CUTE!!! That was perfect.  So after an extensive search for the little animals and enough of them for his class, (we finally found them at a craft store), I could get started.  The cards are super simple, it's Lucky Limeade cardstock and the Sweet Shop DSP in the Occasions Mini.  I printed out appropriate sayings for each of the animals and punched them with the XL Oval punch.  I tied each animal on the cards with yarn. 
So here's what it says for each animal: Cats (there are tigers, panthers and lions): "You're Purrrfect Valentine!"  Rhinos, (not pictured Zebras, Gorillas, Giraffes):  "I'm wild about you Valentine" Camels (my mom came up with this one-the camel was the hardest one to come up with): "I camel long way to wish you a happy day!" Alligator: "You've got a great smile!" Elephant: "You're unforgettable Valentine!" Bear: "Have a beary Happy Valentine's" and finally the Hippo: "Hippo Valentine's Day!"

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

1 comment:

abbartski said...

Wow!! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Stay well,
AnnMarie