Friday, March 9, 2012

Flower Boxes

At our last meeting Amber showed us how to make these adorable little flower boxes from your old brad/button/embellishment containers.  They're so cute, fun and EASY!  I used 5 petals on each of my flowers, I probably could have fit 6 but I thought 5 was good.  For the pink one I used the new blossom punch in the mini catalog, then to change it up a little I used the scallop circle for the Poppy Parade ones. They're so fun and easy.  To make your petals punch your flower or circle or ANY punch that you're using.  Spray it with water (I sprayed mine with Shimmer Mist Spray a combo of rubbing alcohol and shimmer mist paint).  While it's still wet place your bone folder in the center and crumple or mold your cardstock around it.  I used the shimmer mist only because I was too lazy to get up and get a water bottle-there you have it I'm a lazy stamper :)  BUT it left the flowers with a fun shimmer! 

If you want to add a layer or two of CS to the top of your container before you put your flower on make sure you do that before the next step.  Once you have your petals use a glue gun, you really need a glue gun for this sticky strip, tombow, glue dots or any other glue just aren't going to hold as well.  Stick your petals on leaving a space in the center.  Take a strip of cardstock, and make grass-we've all done this, trim your cardstock into slivers but don't cut all the way down, roll it up and stick it in the center.  SO CUTE!!!!  I made 4 of them, they'll be my door prizes for my class tomorrow. 

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: