Friday, March 2, 2012

Luck Of The Irish!

I don't normally do a lot of crafting or cardmaking for St. Patrick's Day, but I had this idea for this card and I just couldn't get it out of my head so what's a girl to do but stamp!  I've seen a couple of these shamrocks made with the heart punches all over, they've been around for years.  This year though I've seen more and more the popped up shamrocks, which is really cute!  So I wanted to do that, and since banners are really in right now I thought that I would add a couple.....or a ton to this card.  I like the random way they look and are arranged.  Be warned though, if you're planning on doing banners like this and mailing your card you'll need a bigger envelope or smaller banners. 

For the shamrock, I punched 9 hearts, 3 per leaf.  Fold them in half and glue them together.  In person this card really looks awesome, the dimension is just crazy on it.  It's really fast and simple to make, you could easily make a ton of these in no time.  Another great thing, SU carries so many different sizes of heart punches.  You could make them any size you want.  You probably won't see many more St. Paddy's Day projects from me.  I say it's time to get started on Easter stuff!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

2 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow! What a fantastic idea! Love it! I'm with you- I don't make St Pat's Day cards, but I may need to CASE this one!

Mary said...

So cute! I may have to make a few of these to send out.