Monday, May 14, 2012

Chocolate? Yes Please!

I hope you had a great Mother's Day.  Aside from some whinny kids, some temper tantrums and the usual kid stuff mine was good.  This week I'm hoping will be less eventful than last week.  Last week, specifically Thursday and Friday were not a whole lot of fun.  Thursday, Logan was supposed to read a book he wrote in his class to an assembly of the 4th grade students.  10 minutes before the assembly, either nerves or a little bug kicked in and he got sick.  Poor kid, didn't get to read his book, and didn't feel good.  He came home early and spent the rest of the day watching movies.  Friday he seemed to feel better and went to school, I went to run a few errands on of them the gas station.  Well when I got there to gas up I realized my gas cap was broken and I couldn't get it off.  UGGGH!  So I sped to my parents house, hoping that they hadn't gone out of town yet and my Dad helped get the gas cap off.  Got another one and it should all be fine now.  But I did get a tiny bit of crafting in on Friday.  I made some chocolate truffles last week.  The best truffles you'll ever have and they're so easy!!!!!  I wanted a cute box to package them so here's what I came up with. 

It's adorable right?!!  Here's the dimensions for the box: 7x10 on the 7 inch side score at 1 1/4 and 5 3/4.  On the 10 inch side score at 1 1/4, 4 1/2, 5 3/4, and 9.  The box opens and closes like a pizza box the finished box is about 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 and 1 1/4 high. It's so cute!  And fits 6 truffles perfectly!
My truffle recipe is no secret and they're really so easy.  They're Oreo truffles and there's only 3 ingredients.  Here's the recipe.  I think you'll enjoy them :)
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: