Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Basic 8

This is one of my favorite cards that I've done in a long time.  It's simple, pretty, fun and sparkly!  It's a little hard to see that it's sparkly so you'll have to just take my word on that.  In our monthly demonstrator magazine, Stampin' Success, they had an article about 'The Basic 8 Colors.  These colors are Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Pacific Point, Elegant Eggplant, Chocolate Chip and Basic Black.  I saw a card similar to this on Pintrest so I wanted to make my own.
 

I used the new embossing folder, Fancy Fan.  To get the rainbow effect I used my watercolor crayons and my aqua painter.  After it all dried I spritz (heavily) with some shimmer mist spray.  To finish the card I added a greeting and one of the new Vintage Faceted buttons-I LOVE those buttons!!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: