Monday, September 24, 2012

Nesting

This card is a perfect example of how you don't always need lots of layers or embellishments for a card to make a statement (and be cute!). The white on white on this card is very striking and really makes the bird stand out.  I love it!!!!  The base of the card is sponged in Marina Mist, every other layer on this card is sponged in Crumb Cake.  The clouds even have it, just lightly and just enough to make then stand out on the white background.  I sponged over the woodgrain on the embossed piece of white.  I think it just makes the woodgrain look more detailed.  The linen thread is so fun and goes so well with this card :)
For the bird, he's stamped in Staz On and colored with our markers.  I really love our markers.  Some of them I've had for years and they work just as well as my new ones!  I love this entire set!  I have to admit that I've used it quite a bit lately.  I just love the fun whimsical looking birds!  We have another busy week!  I have to start on the kids Halloween costumes soon or they're never going to get done.  Not to mention I have TONS of class prep to get to.  I'm certainly not complaining but if I don't start this week, I might not get it done :)  I should have started last week!  YIKES!!!  October will be a busy but amazing month and I can't wait!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: