Monday, October 8, 2012

On My Broom

Halloween is coming, I'm sure you're aware.  I used to not craft for Halloween at all.  I just never gave Halloween cards and I didn't have kids in school to take treats to.  However, times have changed and I've found myself crafting Halloween treats in September!  Halloween treats are fun and often a little out of the box creative which I love!!!!!  These witch broom sucker treats were so stinkin' cute I had to make them for a little bunco party I had last week. 
I saw on Tami White's blog how to do them and you will kick yourself for throwing out (or hopefully recycling) all that brown packing paper that came with your last order.  Yes indeed this is recycling on a whole new level!  I always knew SU wanted us to craft with that brown paper!  These little brooms couldn't be easier too.  All you need is a couple of circles cut out of the brown paper, cut slits in them almost to the center and poke your sucker through.  So CUTE!!!
Tami has a great video I encourage you to check it out on further details on how to make these little brooms.  In the video Tami uses the circle scissors plus to cut her circles.  Well that's probably one of the few things I don't have :) So I just found a bowl in my kitchen that was about 6 inches in diameter and traced that and cut them out.  This paper's pretty thin so you can cut a whole stack at once.  Have a great Monday!  I'm hoping to be back all week to show you fun stamping things, but I won't make any promises.  This week promises to be busy, busy and probably a little (A LOT!) crazy.  But I will do my best!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: