Monday, October 1, 2012

Watercolor Spray

Our demonstrator meeting is tonight.  I know what you're thinking--wait it is neither the end of the month or a Thursday.  We had to move our meeting a little this month :)  Not to worry I'm not loosing my mind.....I don't think anyway :)  This is my swap for the meeting tonight.  The theme is Ink Techniques.  That could be almost anything really.  I went with something that I love and that is so stinkin' easy.   Good for me too, since I didn't even start my swaps until the last minute, which is very unlike me.  I wanted to add the ribbon, why not right, but I didn't like my first two ways that I tied it so I added this knot and asked Logan which he liked better.  Well I guess you can see which one he choose.  He said it looked like a present. 
 
To get this watercolor look is super easy and you'll never watercolor the same way again.  I stamped the image in Staz On on watercolor paper (that's important) then colored it with my markers.  I used Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler and just a tiny bit of Summer Starfruit in the center.  Then, here's the easy part, I sprayed it!  Gently spray a few mists of water (or in my case, because I'm a lazy stamper I used our stampin' mist cleaner-it was right there-don't judge me).  Water would also work.  Let your colors run if you've spritz too much water, just dab it with a paper towel to soak up some of the excess, let it dry.  If you're in a hurry you can speed up the drying process with the heat tool.  That's it, I told you it was easy!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

No comments: