Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ornament Page

My Digital Studio to the rescue!  I am in full MDS drive this holiday season!!  I'm doing lots of Christmas gifts, home decor, advent calendars, and so much more in MDS this year!!!  I just love it all so so so much!!!  And since I'm actually pretty caught up on my scrapbooking-I know HUGE shock right! Since I'm so far ahead of myself, I'm prepping some pages for this year.  So this page I filled in with pictures from Christmas last year, but after Christmas this year I'll be able to remove those photos and plug in this years pictures.  Easy peasy!  So how am I caught up on scrapbooking, well I've been doing at least on page a night after the kids are in bed.  Now don't get me wrong I'm only caught up with 2012.  I did a 2011 scrapbook last year, but anything before that still has yet to be scrapbooked :)  So 'caught up' might be the wrong phrase :) 
 
Looking at my page you might notice a few things: Why does she always do 8.5x11 pages? Well I love the size of the 8.5x11 I think it's my favorite and our family albums are all this size so generally when I'm creating a scrapbook page it's for our album so it's the 8.5x11 size. 
 
Or maybe you'll ask yourself: Why don't the words go all the way to the edge of the page.  Well when I scrapbook I scrapbook with the bleed areas 'on'.  I always extend cardstock and other non-essentials off past the bleed area but words, pictures, the important stuff I design in the bleed area.  So the were the words end on the right is where my bleed area began.  In the picture it does look a little odd, but once it's in the book it will look perfect! 
 
I used lots of the October downloads for this page, I used the Winter Wonders and Ornament Keepsakes kits.  If you like this page, and I hope you do, please head over the MDS site and 'like' and comment on it there.  If you downloaded any October downloads make sure you enter their weekly contest as well! 
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: