Friday, January 18, 2013

Hoppin' Through The Spring Catalog

Welcome to our monthly Ladybug Ink blog hop. You may have just hopped over to my blog from our newest blog hop member Michelle.  Michelle has amazing ideas and is super talented.  This month's theme is Spring Catalog.  There are so many amazing new products in the Spring Catalog I had a hard time choosing what to do.  I haven't use the Amazing Family set much and I got it for free so I thought I might as well use it!  I've seen the chalkboard technique everywhere so I thought I'd give it a try, it's so easy and so FUN!  I embossed everything in white embossing powder on black cardstock, then I used a sponge and some white craft ink and sponged a little white in random places.  Isn't it cute, I love that it gives the illusion of a used chalk board. 
I punched the large butterfly 4 times, 2 in Tempting Turquoise and 2 in Melon Mambo.  Then I used the new small butterfly punch and punched 2 of those in Daffodil Delight.  I love layering them all.  Make sure you rough up the edges on them a little to give it more texture and dimension.  The new build a brads are so pretty I love them, it's a great accessory to any card!!!  Finally to finish the card I used my white gel pen to hand draw lines around the edge of the black cardstock. 
Are you ready to keep hopping through the blog hop??  If you've never joined us on a blog hop here's how it works, you'll hop (via the links we provide) from one blog to the next.  You'll make an endless loop so when you end up back here you're done and you've seen all our amazing work.  Next up on the hop is Amber.  Amber is also another amazing stamper, I'm sure you'll be wowed by her work. 
In case you get lost along the way here's a list of all our hoppers:
 
Ruth Norton  YOU ARE HERE!!!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Carmelita said...

I love the chalkboard effect. I've seen it around in digital stuff, but I don't think I've seen it on cards! You are so talented!