Thursday, January 17, 2013

So Much New Stuff!

I have so many new things sitting on my desk, which makes organizing a bit of a problem.  You see I have a rule that I don't put it away until I use it.  In the past there have been so many times that I've gone through my drawers and cabinets only to find unopened, unused, unmounted stamps and accessories!  So to prevent that from happening I made up the rule that it doesn't get put away until it's used at least once.  Once I use it I realize that I LOVE it and then use it over and over again :)  It's a good rule.  But as it would turn out, Megan is nothing like her brother.  When Logan was 2 he would sit with me in my stamp room and play or color or help me, he would keep himself entertained and let me work, usually he didn't even want me to play, he's always been independent like that.  Megan however is a firecracker.  She WANTS to help, she WANTS to stamp but unlike Logan she requires more hands on help and with her attention span being about 2 seconds we move on to new things pretty quickly around here.  So I don't get as much time to craft anymore, well I just have to be more creative about my time :)  But it also means that things are not used and put away as quickly as I would like :)  Where was I headed with all this rambling....oh yes today's card!  I finally (I say finally because I got this set in NOVEMBER PEOPLE!!!-This is my first time using it since I bought it in NOVEMBER!) used my new Blue Ribbon set. 
 
Almost everything else on this card is from the Spring Catalog.  The doily and flowers are in the catalog.  I know the flowers look a little orangeish in the picture but in real life they're closer to the Primrose Petals color.  I used a really wet aqua painter and soaked up some ink and then 'painted' the flowers.  I used So Saffron and Primrose Petals.  I love the look of the doily folded in half.  I sponged a little So Saffron on it to bring it out more.  The stamps are from the Blue Ribbon set, like I said.  I love them and do find it sad that it's taken 2 month's to finally get around to using it.  The embossing folder is in the Sale a Bration catalog.  Sale a Bration starts in less than a week!  Are you excited!!!?!  Check back tomorrow we're doing our monthly Ladybug Ink blog hop and we have a new member joining us.  Can't wait!!!
 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: