Friday, May 10, 2013

Birthday Roses

I love this sweet simple card.  The inspiration for this card came from this blog.  I love theses flowers, this set (Stippled Blossoms) is probably my all time favorite stamp set!  The flowers are so beautiful!  Of course I used my stamp a ma jig to line them up exactly :)  To get the splattered background I dropped a couple drops of Chocolate Chip reinker onto the lid of the Chocolate Chip pad, then took my aqua painter-make sure it's really wet--that's key.  Use your really wet aquapainter and pick up a little reinker and then holding it with one hand tap it on the other hand holding it over your card and the ink will splatter all over your card.  It's easy, quick and best of all not messy! None of the ink spots will be the same size and every time you do it, it will be different and wonderful!
Don't you just love the colors of these flowers!  They're both new In Colors.  The blue flower is Coastal Cabana (NEW) with Bermuda Bay stamped on top.  The orange flower is Crisp Cantaloupe (NEW) with Calypso Coral stamped on top.  LOVE both these flowers!  I crumpled up a doily to stick behind the flowers, it adds the perfect softness and sweetness to the card!  That's all for me today, have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!!

2 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Ruth, they are beautiful Roses and the colours are just divine. I'm so looking forward to my pre-order arriving, so l can play too! A gorgeous card and the originals are lovely too.

thecraftysheshack said...

Wow! I'm impressed! Nice colors and layout. Great job!