Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Punchy Book Worm

The end of the school year is rapidly approaching.  Logan only has one week of school left!  YIKES!  So that means it's time for teacher gifts!  Of course I appreciate his teachers year round but I always try to give gifts at the end of the school year :)  This year it's all about the gift card :)  They're easy and when I polled my teacher friends that was the number one gift teachers want.  I saw this super cute punched creation on Pintrest, and came up with this sweet version of it.
The worm is simply done with a variety of sizes of circle punches and an oval punch for his head.  I do adore his little glasses though!  Aren't they just the cutest!!!?!?!?  To get his glasses I punched the small circle from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack, then I punched the 1/4 inch (I'm pretty positive it was the 1/4 inch--I made this a few days ago and now seem to be questioning myself--but I'm pretty sure).  Then for the sides of the glasses I just used a tiny strip of black cardstock and folded it over the edge of the circle.  Just gluing it on didn't work well but when you fold it over it works well.  the books are made with the word window punch.  The apple is, well, the apple frame lit :)  Why reinvent the wheel?
  
I added a little pocket in the inside of the card for the gift card.  Gotta love the gift cards! 
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: